I'm a software engineer from Christchurch, New Zealand. I have a wide range of skills and experience leading teams, both distributed and local. I'm passionate about the discipline of software engineering, and I pride myself on my written and verbal communication, and my ability to understand complex system architectures.
I'm fluent in the following technologies and practices
- Python scripting and application development
- Relational database design and administration, particularly Postgres
- Automated testing, TDD
- Deployment on Amazon web services - EC2, ELB, S3, RDS etc
- Linux server admin
- Frontend development - ES6, Sass, npm, yarn etc
- Build processes and deployment (using tools like Webpack and Fabric)
- Django website development
- Multi-lingual website development, especially te reo Māori
- Interpretation and implementation of award-winning graphic design
I built Leaf Timesheet, a time-tracking and invoicing application for freelancers.
I post sporadically about software and development here, and on Twitter, and you can find my open source work on Github. I also occasionally answer questions on Stack Overflow. You can find out what I'm currently up to on my now page.
For enquiries, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 276310883